[BBLISA] sound problem fixed!

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Wed Dec 12 12:40:23 EST 2007

Scott> I was reminded of lsof (as root to show more), a tool I've
Scott> never really used, but knew of.

You're too quick for us!  It's what I would have suggested.

Scott> That found pulseaudio.  Once removed, and with a reboot, sound
Scott> is back.

Interesting, I had just heard recently about pulseaudio and that it
was supposed to be the next thing for sharing audio devices and such.
Guess not...

I found this on the pulseaudio.org site:

   Audacity doesn't support PulseAudio, nor Esound for the moment. You'll
   have to kill pulseaudio before you use this application. However, some
   work has started on the PortAudio cross-platform Audio API, to support
   PulseAudio Audacity

So I guess I'll skip this too for now.