[BBLISA] GigE and 100 Base T Ethernet?

Nicholas Kathmann nicholas.kathmann at kathmannconsulting.com
Tue Dec 11 14:13:26 EST 2007

Any CAT5E patch cable should be fine (I'm not sure you can even find
CAT5 cables anymore).  I've worked with companies with 5000+ copper GB
patch cables, and haven't seen any buy a special or extra expensive
cable (well other than X-over cables).  For my own network, I have zero
errors on any GB copper port with the last clear counters having been
380 days ago using CAT5E patch cables.  You can get really cheap CAT5E
patch cables from Graybar, who has a warehouse near the Boston Herald on
Harrison Ave (South End / Chinatown area).  With a corporate account
they can get as cheap as $1.95 a cable.

As far as I know, 10GB links are all fiber.

Thanks,
Nick