[BBLISA] 10+ TB RAID experiences?

Bill Rucker bill at billrucker.com
Wed Aug 22 13:03:13 EDT 2007

Somewhere around Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 12:36:21PM -0400, a message
from Scott Ehrlich went like this:
> Let me clarify -
>
> I'm wondering what companies, other than Network Appliance, also
> incorporate snapshot capability?   Maybe they all do, and use different
> wording, or some implementations are better/preferred than others?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Scott

EMC with their Clariion/Celerra line provides snapshots also. The benefit they
have over Netapp is the snapshots can be saved on a separate volume so the
production filesystem is not cluttered with the snapshots. I can attest to the
use of the EMC solution as it works very well.

Bill Rucker

--
Once the game is over, the King and the pawn go back in
the same box.