[BBLISA] Possible idea for September meeting--data destruction party

David Allan dave at dpallan.com
Thu Aug 30 18:21:38 EDT 2007

Since we don't have a speaker for September, and I don't have anybody to
suggest, I was thinking about other ideas for a meeting.  One thought that
occurred to me is that I have a big box of magnetic media that I need to
have destroyed, including most problematically 10 or 15 old hard disks
some of which don't even spin up any more.

While I appreciate the hack value of

http://driveslag.eecue.com/articles/index.php?artid=1

I don't really have the time or space to use that solution.

More practically, if a few folks would be interested in having a mobile
data destruction company come somewhere in the MIT area, I'll look into
who's available and what it would cost.

If you would be interested, i.e, you also have a bunch of media you'd like
to destroy, please drop me an email.  It doesn't matter if it's personal
or corporate media, just let me know how much stuff you have and what it
is (floppies, hard drives, CDROMs, tapes, even paper records, etc. ) so I
can get a sense of pricing to report back.  I'm going to look for someone
who will do physical destruction of the media while we witness it.

Just to make clear, responding doesn't commit you to anything, I'm just
trying to get a sense of whether there's enough interest that I should
even take the time to look for a company.

Dave