[BBLISA] 10+ TB RAID experiences?

Leif Bergman leif at renesys.com
Wed Aug 22 13:01:55 EDT 2007

Another solution you might want to consider is to use solaris.  The
new ZFS filesystem supports snapshots and lots of other neat things.

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/zfs/faq/

You could buy a big sun box like:

http://www.sun.com/servers/x64/x4500/

though sun can be a pain to deal with.

Or you could piece together your own solution from commodity hardware.

Using it as a NFS server works really well, but if you need iSCSI, I
can't speak to it.

Leif