[BBLISA] 10+ TB RAID experiences?

Arthur Gaer gaer at math.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 22 12:52:56 EDT 2007

My understanding--from a few years ago--was that NetApp's filesystem
snapshot facility was something of a side-effect of NetApp's
propriety WAFL file system/implementation and that it would be quite
difficult for another filesystem to provide the same types of snapshots.

Perhaps the technology of other vendors/filesystems has changed in
the intervening years, however.

Arthur Gaer
gaer at math.harvard.edu

Senior Systems Manager, Department of Mathematics
Harvard University, 617-495-1610, FAX: 617-495-5132