[BBLISA] mp3 editor?

Steve Revilak srevilak at speakeasy.net
Sat Aug 11 19:53:48 EDT 2007

> From: Scott Ehrlich

> What I'd like to do is allow Audio Recorder to capture an entire side of an
> album or tape, then use something else to edit out each song to their
> respective mp3 files.

> What free or low-cost mp3 tools are available for such editing?

Audacity isn't bad, especially for basic "cut it up" editing.

   http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I've never been successful in getting Audacity to save files in mp3
format.  Audacity requires the ffmpeg libraries in order to save
mp3's; although I have the ffmpeg libraries installed, I haven't been
able to convince Audacity of this.

ffmpeg comes with a set of command line tools for doing format
conversions.  I've had good luck in editing with Audacity, saving the
results as .wav files, the using ffmpeg to convert .wav -> .mp3.

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FFmpeg