[BBLISA] Knoppix and dd limitations

Scott R Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 27 11:44:07 EDT 2006

Quoting Tim Winter <tim at gigageek.net>:

> Scott,
>
> Are you sure your dd syntax is correct?  It looks like what you are doing
> is creating a very large image file in the mount_point folder, not copying
> the image from one drive to another.  If you are just trying to clone a
> drive, you probably want to do this:
>
> dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb
>
> -Tim

I want to produce an image of the installed system for cloning, thus my
syntax,
from a basic level, is correct.    The source is /dev/sda and has a couple
partitions.   The destination is a remote Windows share.

I have ample storage space on the remote share for the image to be created.

Thanks for any further insights/help.

Scott