[BBLISA] How to retreive data from an old MySQL database

Douglas Alan nessus at mit.edu
Thu Oct 26 18:17:30 EDT 2006

Hi.  I'd like to retrieve some wiki pages from an old MySQL database.
Unfortunately, mysqldump doesn't work -- I'm guessing because the
version of mysqld currently installed doesn't match the version of the
database that was used for the wiki.

I really don't want to head down the rat-hole of trying to downgrade the
currently installed version of MySQL to some unknown old version in
order to resurect the database just so that I can run mysqldump on it.

With enough effort I can probably extract all the stuff I care about via
"strings *" in the /var/lib/mysql directories, but it seems as if there
must be a better way.

Any ideas?

Gee, I like flat text files better and better every day....  Moin Moin
rules.