[BBLISA] Dual processor laptops?

Larry Beaulieu beaulieu at xcom.net
Sat Oct 21 15:17:32 EDT 2006

	Also note that right now you'll see 2 different dual-core product
	lines. "Core Duo" processors started shipping earlier this year,
	"Core 2 Duo" is the later iteration and offers an incremental
	performance improvement vs. the initial implementation.  Check
	the configuration carefully so you know exactly which one is
	being used in the model you're interested in. A number of
	laptop vendors now offer dual-core models.

	Based on my limited experience with my personal laptop having dual
	cores doesn't seem to have much of an effect on battery life vs.
	a Pentium-M equipped laptop either, in case that is a concern.