[BBLISA] RAC on Solaris 10 on Intel/AMD?

Adam S. Moskowitz adamm at menlo.com
Mon Oct 16 14:11:09 EDT 2006

I'm looking for anyone that has done the following:

    1) successfully run an Oracle cluster of at least two nodes;

    2) using Oracle RAC 10.2.0.1 or 10.2.0.2;

    3) and using the RAC clustering software (which I believe
       is called "CRS");

    4) on Solaris 10;

    5) running on Intel or AMD hardware.

If you can answer "yes" to *ALL* of the above, and *ONLY* if you can
answer yes to all of the above, please contact me.

I don't care what vendor sold you the hardware, but if it was Sun that
would be even better.

Please *DO NOT* reply if:

    a) you're running an O/S other than Solaris 10;

    b) you're running on Sparc or PA-RISC or PowerPC hardware
       (or, in fact, any hardware except Intel or AMD);

    c) you're using clustering software from Sun or Veritas or
       any other vendor.

If you happen to work for Oracle, or know someone who does work for
Oracle, please note: I *DARE* you to find me someone who fits the bill,
because all the evidence I have says THIS DOESN'T WORK! Please,
somebody, anybody, prove me wrong. Please?

Thanks,
AdamM