[BBLISA] International phone installation

Eddy Harvey bblisa2 at nedharvey.com
Thu Nov 9 16:16:15 EST 2006

I recently went through a multi-office phone system implementation.  One
location here in Cambridge, one in Philadelphia.  I went with DSCI, and was
rather pleased with the results.  DSCI boasts worldwide ability to support
MPLS, because they work off a Global Crossing backbone.  Yet DSCI is rather
young (has done MPLS since July '06) and is based in New England.  So I was
perfectly happy to enlist them to create an inter-office network between
Cambridge and Philadelphia.  -- But --

But now I've got a serious commitment to deliver the same thing (for a
different client of mine) to Taiwan.  The Cambridge MA office is presently
20, growing to 35 people.  The Taiwan office doesn't exist yet, will be
approx 10-15 people in the next 12 months.

I've heard of Global Crossing, and AT&T.  But I can't name any other global
MPLS network providers.  Well, MCI.

So I'm looking for peoples' experience here, with telecom providers.  Due to
my good experience with DSCI, I've got a bid from them.  Due to my bad
experience with AT&T, I refuse to even think about them.

Ideally I'm looking for a provider who could help us out-source our PBX in
both locations.  Alternatively, if it's at least just the network and phone
service, we can go out and get our own PBX.

Does anybody have any other experience they could add here for me?

Thank you all.  Ttyl