[BBLISA] Dell/other Linux-raid-NFS-server, ready for primetime?

David Allan dave at dpallan.com
Thu Nov 9 16:01:35 EST 2006

> Also, AFS seems to work pretty good under linux.  with AFS.  There are
> going to be some issues with long running simulations and such, but
> AFS+Krb5 should handle this---I'd can't say for sure because I haven't
> really played with the ticket renewal stuff in AFS...
>
> But I can say that the AFS file caching is usually a big win.
> Administration is usually a big win. Backup is a big win.  Multiple file
> servers with readonly copies of key filesets is a big win.  But some see
> it as a lifestyle change....

Just out of curiousity, anybody else have any experience with AFS on
Linux?  I had thought about implementing it a couple of years ago and got
to the point of thinking that its feature set was really nice before the
underlying project went away.  It does seem like a lifestyle change, but
as Dean points out, it does seem to have a lot going for it.

Dave