[BBLISA] Help with squid

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Sun Mar 19 08:20:48 EST 2006

I've recently installed Ubuntu on a laptop and want my cell phone to proxy
through it.   I have another machine on my local network successfully proxying
through (access log shows it) but my cell phone, which did show some success
with another program, is not being seen by the access log.

I followed http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/71
which was great with the overall config.   I am getting a 70.x.y.z address from
Verizon Wireless, and set the acl our_networks src to 192.168.1.0/24 and
70.192.0.0/11 but the 70.x range is just not coming through.

What do I need to change in Squid (or elsewhere) to permit it to come through?
I did also try successful external tests of telnetting to the machine and squid
listening port, but those external tests actually do not register with the
access log.

Squid is currently set up to listen on port 8080.

What am I missing to permit my cell phone to proxy through, and what do I need
to do to permit desired connections to register with the access log?

Thanks.

Scott