[BBLISA] CoLo near waltham/lexington

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Tue Mar 14 15:17:56 EST 2006

Av8 can put servers into facilities in either Charlestown (Schrafft Center) or
Cambridge (not far from Alewife) Both have their own parking.  Both have diverse
internet connections in terms of BGP providers and in also terms of physical
access (microwave and fiber)  Access is 24x7 on-call--that is, you have to call
and meet.  Our position is "Medium-priced high availability and great service"

Of course, it also depends on what you are seeking to obtain by colo.  High
Availability?  Cheaper Bandwidth? Colo may not be the only solution for HA
problems. We can also setup High Availability services (multiple physical paths)
to your offices pretty much anywhere in MA for around $600/mo (price varies
depending on local loop fees). In this case, we bring diverse physical paths
into our Charlestown and Quincy facilities. These services can sometimes
eliminate the need for colo.

Alternately, we can setup colo'd servers as hot failovers of servers in your
offices or vice versa. There are a lot of HA options available for those who
want to think creatively about routing.

		--Dean