[BBLISA] Wifi guest access

Eddy Harvey bblisa2 at nedharvey.com
Fri Jun 30 10:53:21 EDT 2006

Does anybody know of any wifi guest-access solutions, like ... When you are
a guest in somebody's office, and you connect to their wifi network, you
have to enter a password into a webpage before you are allowed to reach the
internet.

I'm not interested in wep, or wpa, or any of those other encryption
standards (they're not very standard, and have poor compatibility from one
pc to the next.)

I am interested in guest access.  I want the wifi network to be unsecured
unencrypted wifi network, but the router won't allow traffic to go anywhere
until they enter a password into a webpage.

I know that sonicwall has guest services on their stuff.  That's exactly
what I'm looking for, but I would like to compare sonicwall against others
who do the same thing.