[BBLISA] iSCSI - opinions / experiences?

A. Rich arr at oceanwave.com
Thu Jun 15 11:51:41 EDT 2006

feenberg> OK, but how do I use a SAN to replace NFS? If I have multiple
feenberg> computers, doesn't each computer have to be assigned it own
feenberg> partitions on the SAN, so that the SAN doesn't enable file sharing
feenberg> across computers, only disk sharing? I haven't looked carefully into
feenberg> SANs for exactly that reason - or have I been wrong? I'd be
feenberg> interested in the speed improvement if the files could be shared.

You either set up some sort of active-active clustering amongst your machines,
or you have one (possibly set of) designated server that mounts the SAN then
exports it out to the rest of your hosts via CIFS, NFS, AFS, whatever.