[BBLISA] Director of IT position open

Nick G nick.giannotti at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 09:08:24 EDT 2006

Morning, everyone.

My company has a Director of IT Position open. We're based in Lincoln,
and experience in a manufacturing environment would be a plus.

If you're interested, email your resume to 2376 at avidyne.hrmdirect.com -
and yes, I get a referral bonus, so drop my name. ;)

*Description*

The Director of IT will oversee corporate-wide technology services and
infrastructure for a 200 person fast-paced, growing avionics company
with multiple branch locations. This person will work closely with
Avidyne's senior staff to build and maintain environments that support
our sales, development, production, customer service, product support
and finance and human resource departments. This person will play a
leading role in managing the deployment of and ongoing support of: (a)
various business systems, (b) communications and storage infrastructure,
and (c) desktops, laptops, engineering workstations and peripherals.

*Responsibilities: *

    * Anticipate future company growth and needs on order to ensure that
      IT skills, technologies and architecture are adaptable and in-line
      with company and market needs.
    * Establish IT policies, standards, practices and security measures
      to ensure effective and consistent information collection and
      processing and to safeguard information resources and IT
      infrastructure.
    * Understands business requirements and translates them into systems
      requirements.
    * Directs implementation and execution of new information systems
      (including an ERP system) through well-defined plans including
      procedures, deadlines, accountability and training.
    * Oversees acquisition, integration, and/or consolidation efforts
      for all company IT systems.
    * Acts as the principal liaison between the IT and department heads
      making sure that we are using technology to meet business needs.
    * Ensures users/customers are provided professional, courteous, and
      timely support and service.
    * Responsible for managing the IT staff of 3-5 people. Structures,
      leads, trains, and develops IT staff for maximum effectiveness.
    * Leads teams of contractors and consultants to deliver technical
      solutions to business.
    * Stays abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness
      and compliance.
    * Develops and maintains company Disaster Recovery Plan.

 *Essential Skills and Experience: *

    * Holds a Bachelor's (required) or Master's (preferred) in computer
      science, engineering or related discipline.
    * 7-10 years in an IT Management/Director role with a proven ability
      to lead a progressive IT staff. Previous IT Director level
      experience in a manufacturing environment is desired.
    * Experience in implementing and running an information support
      organization for 300+ employees.
    * Proven experience with information systems development and
      implementation including ERP systems. Recent experience
      implementing an ERP system is desired.
    * Ability to organize multiple concurrent priorities and to execute
      tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
    * Problem analysis and problem resolution skills at both a strategic
      and functional level.
    * Effective in communicating with all levels of the company
    * Adept at dealing with confrontation effectively and driving change.
    * Strong customer orientation.
    * Broad knowledge of data processing and information systems,
      concepts and methodologies. Technical skills and experience in
      Local and Wide Area Networks.

--
 - n

How can I feel abandoned, even with the world around me?
How can I bite the hand that feeds the strangers all around me?
How can I know so many, never really knowing anyone?
If I seem superhuman, I have been misunderstood...."