[BBLISA] Good residential DSL providers?

Steve Revilak srevilak at speakeasy.net
Thu Dec 28 08:58:18 EST 2006

> Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 06:56:11 -0500
> From: Scott R Ehrlich
> To: bblisa
> Subject: [BBLISA] Good residential DSL providers?
>
> For the Metro Boston (Arlington, Burlington, etc) area:
>
> I've read some reviews on dslreports saying Speakeasy *appears* to be doing a
> bad job as of late.   Again, these could be isolated events and they may be
> doing an outstanding job.

I've used speakeasy for the last three or four years -- I think
they're a good provider.

The only recent incident I've had was a short period of service
downtime.  I can't remember whether it happened during the past fall
or the summer.

Fifteen minutes after my service dropped I called Speakeasy's support
number.  I was on hold for less than two minutes.  The person I spoke
with knew about the loss of service, was able to explain the nature of
the problem, and was able to give an ETA for when service would be
restored.  They beat their ETA.

They've always struck me as being very proactive.

Steve