[BBLISA] Pix Syslog Analyzer

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Tue Dec 12 18:00:51 EST 2006

Why not put an old fashioned hub (not switch) between the pix and your
user switches, and sniff traffic for stats there?  (have people
forgotton ethernet hubs and vampire taps?, thicknet?, thinnet?)

Alternately, setup your ubuntu system with two interfaces bridging and
sniff packets as they go through...  You'll have to lookup bridging in
linux, though.  There are some truly evil things that can be done with a
linux system ethernet bridge (think ip tables on a bridge! yikes! debug
that...).

			--Dean