[BBLISA] Pix Syslog Analyzer

Steve Meuse smeuse at mara.org
Mon Dec 11 16:53:43 EST 2006

Nathan Faust expunged (nfaust at merchantwarehouse.com):

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to find or build a simple program to run on my Ubuntu Linux
> server that takes the syslog files or SNMP info from my Cisco Pix 515e
> and gives me a bandwidth utilization of employees and the sites/services
> they are using.

Have you thought about SNMP polling the Ethernet switch ports the employees are connected to? If you already are using MRTG to monitor your router, just add the switch ports in. This, of course, assumes you are using a managed switch. If you are using an unmanaged switch you won't have this capability.

-Steve