[BBLISA] Groups and sudo

Eddy Harvey bblisa2 at nedharvey.com
Fri Dec 1 20:37:18 EST 2006

I'm very confused by your question.  I think you'll have to clarify a few
phrases, like ...
	"changed all groups from group root to group users"
	"I can su directory from a terminal session"

I'm extrapolating a lot, but I think you're saying that the user used sudo,
to chgrp a bunch of files.  Those files were formerly set to group ownership
"root" but now they're "users."    You (he) don't want to chgrp the files
back to "root" presumably because the users need to access those files too.

But now, users are able to access those files, but root can't.

I think the solution is pretty simple.  You just add "root" as part of the
"users" group.  Then, whatever users can access, root can access too.