[BBLISA] RE: SFTP server

Marc Chiarini (Tufts) marc.chiarini at tufts.edu
Wed Aug 9 23:43:38 EDT 2006

Adam,

It is a fairly straightforward process to setup an SFTP server (via an
SSH daemon) and to do regular data exchange across that channel once the
details are worked out.  A few questions:  on what platforms will the
server (presumably at your employer's site) and the client (at the
partner site) be running?  Will you be able to work with anyone inside
the partner company?  The reason I ask is that it will be necessary to
know what kinds of host and network security they have running.  Will
your companies be looking to transfer data automatically via scripts, or
manually?  What kind of host/network security does your own environment
have?  Testing your own server with someone other than the partner is
all well and good and will probably give you insight into what your best
configuration will be, but in the final analysis, they will need to give
you some information about their setup.  You can send me more details
privately if you wish.

Regards,
Marc