[BBLISA] Anyone running a "secure FTP server?

Adam S. Moskowitz adamm at menlo.com
Wed Aug 9 08:18:28 EDT 2006

Is anyone running a server that supports "secure FTP" (also known as
"SFTP," "FTPS," or "FTP over SSL") and, if so, would you be willing to
help me debug an SFTP set-up? My employer has a requirement to set up
SFTP for data exchange with a partner of ours, but for security reasons
that partner can't be especially helpful to us in getting our side
configured correctly. (I don't mean to reflect poorly on our partner;
it's simply that their security policies -- which are entirely
reasonable and necessary -- prohibit them from setting up a test system
for debugging use.)

Anyway, I'd prefer to use someone's personal server, not one owned by an
employer; security stuff is just too sensitive these days for me to want
to risk legal problems.

So, if you run such a server of your own, and would be willing to help
me with this project, I'd really appreciate it. I can't offer to pay you
anything, nor can my employer pay you on a consulting basis -- but I
could probably buy you dinner at my employer's expense. :-)

Thanks,
AdamM