[BBLISA] Can't seem to figure out yppasswd problem --

Eddy Harvey bblisa at nedharvey.com
Thu Sep 22 19:56:04 EDT 2005

If I become root and do
    yppasswd eharvey
Then I get prompted for root's password, and new passwd for eharvey.
Everything goes fine, except I get
    Error while changing the NIS password.
    The NIS password has not been changed

If I become myself (eharvey) and do
    yppasswd
I get prompted exactly as expected, but get the same error message.

Any ideas what's going wrong?  I've already checked the days-to-change
fields in shadow, but they all seem fine.  I can't seem to find any
logging that would give me a clue about this too.

*sigh*....

9/21/2005