[BBLISA] disk corruption recovery ideas?

Theo Van Dinter felicity at kluge.net
Tue Oct 4 22:27:51 EDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 09:37:51PM -0400, Douglas Alan wrote:
> I've had two drives die at the same time on a RAID.  Good thing the
> RAID was only used as our backup server.  I'd never trust RAID again to
> be any kind of security against disk failure.

So have I, but I still swear by RAID (HW RAID if I can get it) on servers
with any importance.  A quote from LISA a few years ago comes to mind:

"Low probability events do happen, which is why people still play the
lottery."		- Elizabeth Zwicky at LISA '99

:)

Theo Van Dinter, tvd at bblisa.org/felicity at kluge.net
Systems Administrator, bblisa.org/kluge.net