[BBLISA] Disposal of unnecessary equipment

Adams, Tony tadams at verisign.com
Thu Nov 17 17:13:19 EST 2005

I live in Providence and 3-4 times a year the Rhode Island Resource
Recovery Center sponsors an electronics recycling program. They take
TVs, radios, UPSes, computers, etc. There's probably some "household"
limit but sysadmin's probably don't fit the standard household
demographic of systems per resident. I recently recycled several pieces
outdated rack-mountable gear, two expired UPSes, and an old latop. They
send the material to some recycling place for metals recovery, I'm sure.

Anyway, not sure if a similar program exists up in the Boston area. If
you're a RI resident, here's some good info.

http://www.rirrc.org/main.cfm?sec_id=17&guid=22980338-f6c2-4bde-81a8-6ac
70fbc3b16

-Tony