[BBLISA] Recommended hardware for Linux/3D/rendering?

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Sun May 1 01:41:52 EDT 2005

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, Thomas A Fitzgerald wrote:

> for e-mail and real work, and a hot Windows box for rendering.  I bet
> there's even more available for MacOS than there is for Linux.

I'm not an expert in rendering by any stretch--my last rendering exposure
was 6.035--in the late 80s to boot, but I do recall reading in some linux
mag that Industrial Light and Magic (star wars, etc) moved their rendering
to a linux cluster. That probably doesn't help the typical low-end (non
supercomputer equipped) render-user.

Speaking of Star Wars, is anyone interested in getting a private showing
together?  Might be cool to have a bblisa showing.  I'm already invited to
one, but I suppose I'll see it a few times... ;-)  Adam?  Maybe we could
sell t-shirts. (with say "BBLISA Straw Wars" on them to avoid any
trademark issues ;-)

617 344 9000