[BBLISA] Win XP Backup software?

Eddy Harvey eddy at nedharvey.com
Wed Jun 29 19:32:58 EDT 2005

> Usually when you're talking about backing up entire partitions you
forgo
> the capability to work on the granularity of files, no?

I found a very good alternative to ghost.
Image for Windows, or Image for Dos.  By Terabyte Unlimited.  Not quite
as robust as ghost, but suitable in most cases.

It is free, as long as you don't need to do unattended backups or
restore.  (That is, the demo version is fully functional except that it
will prompt you before it will continue.)

You only lose file-granularity if you're doing a block-by-block backup
of a partition.  But tools such as ghost and terabyteunlimited allow you
to select a partition for backup, and they have enough knowledge to only
backup the files, and not the empty space.