[BBLISA] Tape backup program for Debian?

bblisa at richfox.org bblisa at richfox.org
Mon Jun 20 12:30:52 EDT 2005

Hi,

We use commercially available BRU (http://www.tolisgroup.com)
which has worked out for us on our large file server (8.5 million files,
1.2 TB) backing up to a Dell PVT132 LTO2 Tape Changer.
We're running it on MacOS X Server but I know it is available for a number
of platforms.
The OS X GUI version has some wierd quirks but it seems to work once you
get the hang of setting it up. I haven't looked at it on other platforms
so I can't comment on it's useability there.

It's also worth noting that we have not yet encountered the catastrophe
(knock on wood) that would cause us to have do a real-life restore from
tape so I can't comment on that part of it either. (As it stands we'd have
to have an environmental catastrophe to bring us to that point). All of
our tests seemed to indicate that we can rely on it.

Thanks,
Rich.