[BBLISA] CPU/Memory test for Dell PowerEdge?

Douglas Alan nessus at mit.edu
Tue Jul 26 14:20:05 EDT 2005

Scott Ehrlich <srehrlich at gmail.com> wrote re Prime95:

> The program sounds great, but the goal for me is to discover if the
> problem is with the OS or the hardware, and the logs do not show a
> thing.

I've never heard of Prime95 failing due to problem with the OS, rather
than the operating system.  If the computer crashes while running
Prime95, which can sometimes happen due to overheating the CPU, then you
might not be sure of the cause, but if Prime95 outputs an error message,
then you know at a very high confidence level that the problem is with
the CPU or ram.