[BBLISA] Recommendations for ecommerce/shopping-cart back-end or turnkey solution

alex@basespace.net alex_aminoff at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jan 24 16:11:57 EST 2005

Hi folks. Do any of you know, or better yet work for, someone who provides
ecommerce/shopping-cart back-end or turnkey solutions?

I'm talking to the gentleman who runs cambridgelivery.com. He has someone
who set up his business's web site with the ability to make reservations on
line and accept credit cards. However, he is unhappy with them and would
like to move elsewhere. I could install a publically available shopping cart
type app myself, but it would take time and end up more expensive than
finding a shop that offers this service as a commodity. What he needs is the
backend of basically a shopping cart type app, with a set of services and
prices and the ability to order them, plus credit card acceptance if
possible, and the ability to modify the front end of the system by hacking
his own html or php or asp or whatever. If web and DNS hosting is included
that is OK, or I can host his DNS and static html pages.

To be clear, his application is going to require a little bit of
customization as he is selling the service of transportation to and from
various locations at a particular specified time, rather than items from a
catalog. I can do that customization for him, I just need a place that
provides the back end and gives me access to hack. So I'm looking for quotes
of the form "We offer that service for $4 or  $34 or $134 / month", not "we
can program that for $3000".

He would much prefer it if his provider were in the Boston area.

 - Alex Aminoff
   BaseSpace.net