[BBLISA] Someone is out to get me - spam pretending to be from me

John Orthoefer jco at direwolf.com
Fri Jan 14 12:53:44 EST 2005

Yep it's not uncommon.     Welcome to the world of hosting.

As far as the headers go.   You can only trust the headers as far as you
can trust the chain.

The second header listed is info.lifename.com (192.168.0.0/16) which is
a RFC 1918 address.   So that header is CLEARLY bogus.   The was
injected into the SMTP via 151.203.48.240, most likley a zombie machine
since you say it's VZ address.

Yes, you'll have to deal with some of the nitwits at some of the spam
orgs.   But none of the ones that I would care about will trap you.

johno