[BBLISA] NT to AD with EMC Celerra NAS upgrade question

Tom Kilday tkilday at law.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 7 13:21:23 EST 2005

Has anyone upgraded an NT domain to 2003 AD server using split DNS (using a
unix DNS server redirecting the Microsoft  _* and *dnszones records to the
2003 server) and an EMC Celerra NS600 NAS box?

Our concern is how the Macintosh 10.2 and 10.3 systems will connect to our
Celerra EMC box after the upgrade. We have had problems with the Macintosh
IP stack in the past with EMC equipment and Macs.

  Everything we have tested in our test environment has worked fine so far,
with no change needed on our clients since they will point to the same DNS
server.  I was just wondering if anyone else has done this before and if
they had any problems with Mac OSX systems after the upgrade.

Thanks
-Tom Kilday
617-496-6249