[BBLISA] Data recovery lessons?

Shawn G. Doughty stryder at asunix.tufts.edu
Thu Feb 17 11:01:54 EST 2005

Scott,

Something that has been of great value to me time and again is being able
to swap controller boards on failed drives.  If a drive appears to be
"going bad" and is unreadable just grab a T9 bit take off the controller
board, replace it with one from an identical model drive then try to read
the data off using regular methods.

--
Shawn G. Doughty-A&S Support Staff

Email: staff at asunix.tufts.edu