[BBLISA] RHCE vs. LPI/SuSE

Sean Lutner sean at rentul.net
Mon Apr 18 21:59:34 EDT 2005

I got a RHCE at the end of last year (employer paid for). I did it
through a week long boot camp like test. The class itself was a bit
boring, and we never covered anything I hadn't encountered in the past,
but it was learning to do things the "Redhat" way that the class taught
you.

The test was difficult in that it was tricky and did require some
thought.  It seems more companies are now looking for linux certs, with
RHCE being more prevalant. I fear that it's going to become the next
MCSE.  Overall it was worthwhile, and if you have the time/money, it's
not a bad way to spend both, imho.