[BBLISA] Database education? (fwd)

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Tue Sep 7 02:13:23 EDT 2004

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> I apologize to the rest of the list for feeding the troll but such a
> ridiculous claim that the hijacked IP space in used by av8.com is a revenge
> listing was just too much to let pass unquestioned.

There is no reason to think that either 130.105/16 or 198.3.136/21 is
hijacked because both organziations exist and currently use the address
space, and have used the address space continuously and without
interruption since 1989, there is no possible way for the address space to
have been hijacked.  The originator of the claim, Alan Brown, is already a
court-proven liar, who has previously defamed (that is /lied/ about) those
he doesn't like, and has falsely listed ISPs he didn't like. Brown lost
three lawsuits for defamation and false statements involving ORBS. The
__only__ explanation is that the listing is for revenge.

Furthermore, Matthew Sullivan (the college student who runs SORBS), knows
all this. Alan Brown originally claimed that the OSF didn't exist on
spam-l in March 2003, and this was what SORBS claimed in May '03.  After I
contacted Sullivan in June '03, he removed the claim that the OSF doesn't
exist, but not the listings for the address blocks.  He then told me that
he has no assets, and that I should sue him. (the idea is to force us to
spend money on attorneys that can't be recovered from Sullivan because he
has no money---we are currently hoping that Sullivan will graduate and get
a job that will pay well)

I note that Sullivan also demands money to be delisted. He also suggested
that we contribute to his endeavor.  His operation is basically extortion
and revenge, and has nothing whatsoever to do with spam, other than as
part of the ruse he uses to lure in unsuspecting users to be tools in the
revenge and extortion.

		--Dean