[BBLISA] 1U servers needed

Sean Lutner sean at rentul.net
Mon Nov 8 20:12:16 EST 2004

I'd look at both the Sun and HP Opteron boxes. One note however, at
this time there is only one company making SMP Opteron boxes (at least
the 4 way), and that is Newisys. So no matter who you but SMP Opteron
boxes from, it's the same guts.

I have both Sun v20z and v40z servers in my lab, and they are fast
beyond belief. I even got them attached to my HDS storage. :)

Sean