[BBLISA] Looking for vendor who I can outsource my backup management to.

John Stoffel stoffel at lucent.com
Wed May 26 14:07:24 EDT 2004

R> I'm trying to get out of the job of jockey my own backup tapes.  I
R> want to find a company that will come to my site once or twice a
R> week and service a tape jukebox for me, and package tapes for
R> pickup by ironmountain.

Hire a high school kid to come in a couple of times a week instead.
Just as cheap and you'll get more work out of them on other projects
as well.  We had great success with this here at my site until the
.com crash and we lost 75% of the people in the company...

R> I'm looking at online backup solutions too, but the cost vs. volume
R> will probably make that impractical.

I bet the cost will be outrageous.  Esp when you look at the amount of
data to be backed up vs the size of the data pipe you can afford.