[BBLISA] Re: Questions about your web hosting plans (fwd)

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Thu Jan 8 14:46:13 EST 2004

> I want to relinquish myself from maintaining a mail server at home, and
> pair.com seems to have great prices and a good reputation, but cannot
> provide me with a secure connection to transfer my local IMAP email to a
> potential account I would create with them.   My goal was to use a local
> email client like Eudora, Netscape Messenger, Outlook Express, etc.
>
> If pair.com can't do it, what other low-cost, reliable hosting provider
> DOES offer secure IMAP connectivity (SSL or cram-md5 or something) that is
> not strictly web-based?

You might be a candidate to use my service: http://www.imap-partners.net/ .
(Disclaimer: this is a plug.)  I happen to do email migrations as my day
job, and I'm capable of arranging an IMAP-to-IMAP or other transfer that
doesn't send anything in the clear.  Though this is not part of the
standard pricing, we can probably work something out.

--

I haven't been to a BBLISA meeting for a while, I confess, having moved
back to California and thence to Minnesota.  But next time I'm in town....