[BBLISA] Fwd: Indecision GB

Edward Ned Harvey eharvey at engim.com
Tue Feb 24 14:17:38 EST 2004

I disagree.  Normal people have to keep running applications, and the
system will keep accessing files, no matter whether you do serious io or
not.  I think the 8 meg cache makes a big difference.

*And* I used to like WD, but during the last 3 years or so, I've found
their support slipping, and their reliability too.

I think the maxtor (8meg cache, 133ata) will be faster than the WD.  But
it's smaller.  But clearly it's big enough for Ken, or else he wouldn't
be considering that disk.

I don't know if maxtor's warranty/support is better or worse than WD.