[BBLISA] Fwd: Indecision GB

Kenneth J. Goncalves goncalveskj at ftml.net
Tue Feb 24 11:58:14 EST 2004

Okay, here is a stupid one you can easily vote on (Feel free to respond
directly to me if you think this unworthy of the list - I'm sick with the
flu (or too dense after being out off work for 2 months) and can't think
of the answer and have to return one or the other.):

Choice # 1:  $60.00 after Mail in rebate:
Maxtor 120gb, 9.3ms Access, Ultra133 capable, 8mb Buffer, 7200RPM  Approx
cost .50/Meg
Supposedly 0% Re-stocking fee if opened (is)

Choice # 2:  $60.00 after Mail in Rebates:
WD:    160gb, 8.9ms Access, Ultra100 Capable, 2mb Buffer, 7200RPM  Approx
cost .38/Meg
15% Re-stocking fee if opened (isn't)

i.e.  Ultra 133 with an 8mb buffer should be the better drive BUT worth
an extra .14/meg and LESS storage plus the access time is SLOWER?

Comments?
Ken

*******

Kenneth J. Goncalves, CNE5