[BBLISA] part-time consultant with real Tru64 experience?

Bob Webber webber at panix.com
Sat Dec 18 22:24:33 EST 2004

I'm interested in finding a system administrator with significant Tru64
experience to button up a couple of HP/Compaq/DEC Alpha boxen which
will be decommissioned over the next year or so.  Working remotely and
after hours is possible, and in fact working in off-hours maintenance
windows will be required for most system and application changes.

These systems have lacked an experienced hand at the helm for quite
some time, and we might be interested in patching the systems up to
date, bringing the freeware packages installed up to current revs,
hardening where reasonable, releasing unused disk space, deconstructing
AdvFS filesystems, and probably writing some tools to insulate our
non-Tru64 admin staff from the shocking details of things like password
aging.

Documentation of changes (with back-out plans) and advanced scheduling
of work is required, but nothing too heavy and no working with
committees is required on your part.

The organization involved is NOT Panix -- this is just my convenience
account.  On-site presence will likely not be required for the actual
work, but you'd need to be available for a face to face interview in
the Boston area in order to get the job.

Contact me here with a resume or pointer to same if you are interested.

Thanks,
Bob