[BBLISA] MS Exchange oddity

Tabor J. Wells twells at fsckit.net
Thu Aug 19 14:42:22 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 02:38:19PM -0400,
mrichman at postdiluvian.org <mrichman at postdiluvian.org> is thought to have said:

> I'm assuming the spammers put stuff in the headers, I want to find out what it is
> so I can drop these

I think that's a faulty assumption. What you're most likely dealing with is
Exchange just being Exchange and not anything in particular that spammers
have done to cause it to happen.

For example I regularly get bounce messages that Exchange 2003 will completely
rewrite to look as if it generated them when in fact it only received the
bounce for final delivery and never talks to the outside world's mail
servers.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells at fsckit.net
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality