[BBLISA] co-location

Debra Douglass ddoug at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 3 00:43:09 EST 2004

On 4/2/2004, on ddoug at austin.rr.com, bblisa at bblisa.org, Dean Anderson wrote:
 >>On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Debra Douglass wrote:
 >>> GTE used to have a site in Waltham, but that was vacated in 1994, and
 >>> it was never a collocation site. Home Depot is now on that site.
 >>
 >>Not exactly. It is still there, behind home depot.  But now it has a
 >>Verizon sign on it.

I'm sorry to say that you are incorrect. I know the GTE Waltham site
was demolished to make way for Home Depot (I was working there at the
time of the deal).  The GTE Waltham site (4 interconnected buildings
total and surrounding parking lot) was sold as a unit to Home Depot. I
was part of the team that moved the largest data center out of that
site and I checked it out shortly afterwards as they were demolishing
the GTE buildings.  I shopped at that Home Depot frequently afterwards
since it was on my way home from the Needham site. It was kind of
surreal to be shopping for tile and grout about the spot where the
cafeteria used to be.

-Debra
|Debra Douglass          ddoug at catrio.org     http://www.catrio.org|