[BBLISA-announce] Feb meeting "The Future of System Administration"

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Sun Feb 8 20:52:08 EST 2015

Hello Everyone:

We have had a change in schedule. Our February 11, 2015 (this
Wednesday) meeting will have Adam Moskowitz from MathWorks as the
speaker. His talk is titled:

  The Future of System Administration (and what you should do to prepare)

System Administration is changing faster and more radically that at
any time in its history. Like it or not, your job is probably going to
be very different in 10 years (and maybe even in 5 years); come hear
where the field is headed and what you should do if you want to stay
on the leading edge of system administration. (Sneak preview of the
recommendation: "stop being a sysadmin.")

It will be held at MIT in building E-51, Room 149 starting at 7:00 for
Announcements & Introductions and the formal presentation starts at
7:30.

Hope to see you there (assuming the snow ever stops 8-)).

If we have to cancel the meeting, we will update the website
(http://www.bblisa.org) and send email.

--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard