[BBLISA-announce] May BBLISA talk: IT Project Management (incl. broadcast info)

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Thu May 8 22:42:54 EDT 2014

Hello All:

The May BBLISA talk will be done by one of the original BBLISA
members.  The talk will be on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 the talk will be
"IT Project Management" by Peg Schafer.

We will try to broadcast the meeting starting around 7PM. The meeting
URL is:

  https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/696243693

and will use meeting ID 696-243-693.

Thanks to Josh Boon for setting up the gotomeeting and handling the
broadcast and recording of the talk.

Peg's talk will touch on TQM, ITIL, PMP & Agile practices and why some
practices work and some do not. Much of it depends on the culture of
the enterprise. Managing projects at large enterprises
(e.g. Microsoft), higher education (e.g. Harvard) and startups is
vastly different and requires a large bag of tricks.

I will share my horror stories, but actually explain how Good IT
Project Management can help your IT department be more successful.

An expanded talk summary can be found at http://www.bblisa.org.

Peg is the currently Senior Technical Project Manager for Starfish
Storage.

The meeting will be held at MIT in building E-51, Room 149
starting at 7PM.

--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard