[BBLISA-announce] April talk: Design & Execution of IT Emergency Operations Drills

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Thu Mar 20 21:40:45 EDT 2014

Hi All:

Our April talk will be:

   The Practical Gamemaster: Design & Execution of IT Emergency
       Operations Drills

It will be held at 7PM at MIT E-51 in Room 149.  The speaker is: Adele
Shakal and her talk will cover:

Practical IT drill design brings together emergency response and
operations, business continuity, disaster recovery, and IT
architecture. During this talk, you will learn key concepts in
emergency operations center and incident headquarters design, methods
of introducing such concepts to your organization, and a sequence of
basic-to-advanced drill designs. Keeping IT folks engaged in a drill
simulation can be very challenging. Become a practical gamemaster
worthy of designing and executing drills on likely emergency scenarios
and realistic function failures for your organization. d10s included.

Adele Shakal currently heads up project and knowledge management at
Metacloud, Inc., a cloud solutions company providing on-premises
private cloud based on OpenStack. In her prior work in technical
project management and system administration at USC ITS, she designed
IT emergency operations and the ITS Great Shakeout 2011. She has more
than two decades of experience in information technology, with
Bachelor of Science in geochemistry from California Institute of
Technology. She has presented at CENIC, EDUCAUSE, APRU, USENIX LISA
and CascadiaIT conferences.

So bring your 6d20's and I hope to see you there.

--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard