[BBLISA-announce] Usenix Config Mgmt Summit submissions- deadline march 21st

Matthew Barr mbarr at mbarr.net
Sun Mar 9 22:34:39 EDT 2014

Thought I’d see if people might be interested in submitting something for the Usenix Confiig Mgmt Summit.  It’s in Philly,  and we’re looking for submissions.

Here’s the TL;DR:
---------------------------------
Call for Participation
2014 USENIX Configuration Management Summit (UCMS '14)
June 19, 2014
https://www.usenix.org/conference/ucms14/cfp
Submissions due: Friday, March 21, 2014, 11:59 p.m. PDT
————————————————

And the full note from the chair:

The Call for Participation is open for the 2014 USENIX Configuration Management Summit (UCMS '14); please note that submissions are due by March 21, 2014.

For more details on the submission process, please see the complete Call for Participation.

At UCMS '14, we will continue to bring the configuration management community together to advance the state of configuration management, discuss its problems and solutions, and enhance the community of this growing field. We solicit original presentations and discussions on a wide range of topics in configuration management, but we particularly encourage presentations on novel, pragmatic approaches and solutions to vexing problems in configuration management. Proposals may be 45- or 90-minute formal presentations, panel discussions, or open workshops.

Topics will depend upon the speakers and workshop facilitators scheduled. Suggestions include:

	• The intersection of configuration management and containerization
	• Configuration management at scale (large installations or large teams)
	• Management beyond the host layer: Orchestration, software-defined networking, building stacks of systems, etc.
	• Application configuration management
	• Unit testing and performing continuous integration of configurations
	• Future challenges and opportunities in configuration management
	• Integrating deployment and configuration management
	• Managing configuration management (e.g., PuppetForge)
	• Configuration management dashboarding
	• ITIL, compliance, CMDBs, etc.
UCMS '14 will take place June 19, 2014 in Philadelphia, PA, and is part of USENIX Federated Conferences Week.

I look forward to receiving your submissions!

Chris St. Pierre, Amplify Education
UCMS '14 Program Chair
umcs14chair at usenix.org

Matthew Barr