[BBLISA-announce] BBLISA June meeting - Lay waste to waste

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Fri Jun 6 17:53:27 EDT 2014

Hi all:

Our June talk is about "Laying waste to waste".

Waste is part of every process. As with entropy, waste increases
unless steps are taken to reduce it.

This talk will cover the basic ideas and some background behind Lean
and 6 Sigma (LSS), discuss their origins and then walk through some
examples while introducing the tools and techniques. Plus you get to
test the speaker by bringing your own problems and (hopefully) leave
with some ideas on how to tackle resolving the problem.

John Rouillard has been a system administrator trying to fix practices
for more decades than he cares to remember. His interest in formal
problem solving techniques developed by watching solutions that didn't
really solve problems but merely added more problems while allowing
the original issue to generate even more failures.

It will happen on Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 7PM in MIT E-51, Room
149

Agenda:

7:00 - Announcements & Introductions
7:30 - Formal presentation MIT E-51, Room 149

Hope to see you there.

--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard